Potential applicants should possess at least a Bachelor’s degree with excellent academic standing.
- For more information on the application period, please refer to the following link: http://www.sutd.edu.sg/Admissions/Graduate/PhD-Programmes/SUTD-PhD-Programme/Application
Submit your online application to SUTD at https://admissions.sutd.edu.sg/.
The online application will take about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. To expedite the process, please have all your softcopy documents ready for upload. Key information required are as follows:
- Original Undergraduate and/or Master’s transcripts and degree certificates.
For non-English documents, an official English translation must be provided at your expense. Please provide your latest official transcripts and official letter of certification from your institution stating the expected date of graduation or award of degree if you have not graduated from your degree programme.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score report.
If the medium of instruction during your undergraduate studies was not in English, please submit your IELTS or TOEFL scores no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline.
- Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) score report.
If you have not taken the GRE, please arrange to take it soonest and send in the results no later than 2 weeks after the application deadline. Please note that the SUTD DI code is 7398.
– GRE required: ASD & ESD
– GRE recommended: EPD & ISTD
- Awards, publications, web links to personal portfolio, etc.
- Names and E-mail Addresses of 3 Recommenders.
Recommenders should preferably be faculty members who can comment on your scholastic capabilities and achievements, as well as your ability to complete the programme. Please ensure that you inform your recommenders about the nomination before submitting their contacts to SUTD as they are required to send in their recommendations online within 1 week after your PhD application submission.
- A copy of your Identity Card or relevant pages of your Passport.
- A Statement of Objectives.
A Statement of Objectives (about 3,000 words) stating your experience, research interest and passion for the topic of study.
Short-listed applicants may be asked to attend Skype interviews or in some cases, face-to-face or telephone interviews may be arranged.
For more information on the PhD application requirements, please refer to the following link – http://www.sutd.edu.sg/Admissions/Graduate/PhD-Programmes/SUTD-PhD-Programme/Application