The Minor in Design, Innovation, Ventures and Entrepreneurship (DIVE) allows students to develop knowledge and skills for design-centric innovation and entrepreneurship, and prepare students for career development via (i) creating entrepreneurial startups of their own, (ii) being key members of the founding team, (iii) an entrepreneurial member in established organizations that aspire to innovate, and (iv) entrepreneurship-supporting firms (e.g., venture capital investment firms) and government agencies (e.g., SG Innovate, Enterprise Singapore, GovTech).
Planning for Minor Study
- The DIVE Minor consists of a collection of five subjects required by EPD.
- This Minor is open to EPD, ESD, DAI and ISTD students matriculated in AY2018 and onwards.
- The Minor will be accorded upon successful completion of the required subjects by Term 8. No extension beyond Term 8 is allowed.
- Students must declare their intention to enroll in the minor to the Office of Student Administration and the pillars involved (i.e. their pillar and EPD) between the end of Term 3 and one week before the start of Term 4. Students should note that the add/drop period and related policies apply to minor-related and additional fifth subjects.
- Students should meet an academic advisor to formulate a study plan. Subsequently, students are required to track their own progress towards completing the minor programme (s) as per the study plan formulated. Students can refer to the suggested study plans on the EPD website but they are free to propose their own study plan, as long as they fulfill all pre-requisites of the DIVE Minor. Enrollment into all courses are subject to availability.
- Students must have passed all twelve (12) Freshmore subjects at the point of declaring their intention to pursue a minor.
- Students who are interested in pursuing DIVE Minor are only allowed to pursue an additional minor from HASS i.e. HASS University Minors.
Four required courses
- 30.007 Engineering Design Innovation (offered by EPD in Term 4, 6)
- 30.111 Entrepreneurship (offered by EPD in Term 6)
- Entrepreneurship Capstone (Term 7)
- Entrepreneurship Capstone (Term 8)
One course from the following list
|EPD Elective||HASS Electives*|
*Electives are subject to timetable availability.
- Students must complete all required courses.
- Subjects taken to complete the minor shall be graded and computed into the GPA.
- Unless a minimum passing grade is stated by the pillar, the minimum passing grade shall be a D. Non-letter grading options cannot be used for the minor.
- Credits from successfully completed academic units from external institutions can be recognized towards fulfilling DIVE Minor requirements upon approval from the pillar/cluster offering the minor.
Withdrawal from Minor Study
- Students who declared earlier but decided not to pursue the minor programme are required to inform OSA in writing. Should the student who declared earlier decide to pursue a different minor, the student is required to inform OSA in writing. Only requests before the end of Term 5’s add/drop period will be entertained and on a case-by-case basis.
- Grades earned to complete the minor shall still be computed towards the GPA after the student’s withdrawal.
For any enquiries please kindly email EPD UG team.