Our Founding Head of Pillar, Professor Kristin Wood, was invited as a moderator for “Design as a Trans-Disciplinary Practice”, organised by DesignSingapore Council. This event was specially organised for design students to inspire them to embark on design careers and design educators to reconnect them with creativity and possibilities. There were over 750 participants on the day.
- Design and technology – Why is design more important than ever in the face of digital disruption? How can design help bridge humans and technology?
- Design in the board room – How can design affect strategy? Can design help organisations navigate disruption?
- Design in societies – How can design address social issues? What responsibilities do designers have in building environments of the future? How can design improve the way people work and live?
Speakers and Panelists
- Panel Moderator
– Prof Kristin Wood (Pillar Head, SUTD)
– Gadi Amit (Founder and Principal Designer at NewDealDesign)
– Ernesto Quinteros (Chief Design Officer and SVP of Johnson and Johnson)
– Daan Roosegaarde (Founder of Studio Roosegaarde)