Dr Sreenivasulu Bellam (Sreeni or Sreenivas) obtained his PhD in Chemistry from National University of Singapore (NUS), Singapore. He also holds M. Sc., degree in chemistry and Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.) degree in physical sciences. After his Ph. D., he worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Institute of Chemical and Engineering Sciences (ICES), one of the A*STAR research institutes in Singapore. Prior to joining SUTD, Sreeni was a teaching faculty in NUS where he involved in lecturing and coordinating various chemistry modules offered at different levels.
His research areas and interests include metallo-supramolecular chemistry, inorganic synthesis and coordination chemistry, biomimetic catalytic studies-functional models for natural enzymes, inorganic materials etc. Besides chemistry research, he is also involved in pedagogical research projects and chemistry education.
- PhD: Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore.
- M. Sc.: Chemistry, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, A. P. India.
- B.Ed.: Physical Sciences, Institute of Advanced Studies in Education, S.V. University, A.P. India.
Areas of Research
- Supramolecular chemistry and Supramolecular materials
- Functional materials and biomimetic models for natural enzyme catalysis
- Coordination chemistry and Precursors for Functional Materials
- Chemistry Education Research
- Bellam Sreenivasulu and Subramaniam R., University students’ understanding of chemical thermodynamics, Int. J. Sci. Educ., 2013, 35(4), 601-635.
- Bellam Sreenivasulu (2012). Schiff Base and Reduced Schiff Base Ligands in Supramolecular Chemistry: from Molecules to Nanomaterials, J.W. Steed and P.A. Gale (eds). John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester, UK, pp 827-862.
- Bellam Sreenivasulu, Jagadese J. Vittal, “Hydrogen-bonded Copper(II) and Nickel(II) Complexes and Coordination Polymeric Structures containing Reduced Schiff Base Ligands.” Inorg. Chim. Acta., 2009, 362, 2735–2743.
- Bellam Sreenivasulu, “Diphenoxo-Bridged Copper(II) Complexes of Reduced Schiff Base Ligands as Functional Models for Catechol Oxidase” Aust. J. Chem. 2009, 62, 968-979.
- Rakesh Ganguli, Bellam Sreenivasulu, Jagadese J. Vittal, “Amino acid-containing reduced Schiff bases as the building blocks for metallasupramolecular structures” Coord. Chem. Rev. 2008, Vol. 252, 1027-1050 (One of the Top 25 hottest articles).
- Bellam Sreenivasulu, Feng Zao, Song Gao, Jagadese J. Vittal, “Synthesis, Structures and Catecholase Activity of a New Series of Dicopper(II) Complexes of Reduced Schiff Base Ligands”. Eur. J. Inorg. Chem, 2006, 13, 2656-2670.
- Bellam Sreenivasulu, Muthalagu Vetrichelvan, Feng Zao, Song Gao, Jagadese J. Vittal, “Cu(II) complexes of Schiff base and Reduced Schiff base ligands: Influence of weakly coordinating sulfonate group on the structures and oxidation of 3,5-DTBC” Eur. J. Inorg. Chem. 2005, 22, 4635-4645.
- Bellam Sreenivasulu, Jagadese J. Vittal, “Helix inside Helix: Encapsulation of Hydrogen Bonded Water Molecules in a Staircase Coordination Polymer” Angew. Chem. Intl. Ed. Engl. 2004, 43, 5769-5772. (Highly Cited Article (172 citations).
- Bellam Sreenivasulu, Jagadese J. Vittal, “A Metal Coordination Polymer with Hexagonal Diamondoid (Lonsdaleite) Topology” Crystal Growth and Design, 2003, 3(5), 635-637.