Telephone: +65 6499 4602
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Product Development
Maggie has 4 years of teaching experience as an Assistant Professor, Adjunct Professor and teaching associate in the United States before joining SUTD. Upon graduation, she taught Undergraduate Chemistry as an Adjunct Professor at Columbus State Community College while working on her postdoctoral research project in efficient lipids extraction methods to produce biofuel from algae (Chlorella protothecoides and Nannochloropsis). Maggie then took on an Assistant Professor (Science) position at Herkimer Community College, a college in the State University of New York system, for two and a half years before relocating to Singapore. Maggie enjoyed the interactions with students during her teaching years. She is grateful for the many opportunities she was given to supervise undergraduate Chemical Engineering students during their final year projects and graduate students from different education and ethnic background.
- BS (Chemical Engineering), The Ohio State University
- MS (Chemical Engineering), The Ohio State University
- PhD (Environmental Engineering), The Ohio State University
Awards & Achievements
- 1st prize The Ohio State University Edward F. Hayes Graduate Research Forum Oral Presentation (2000) (College wide)
- 3rd prize Ohio American Water Well Association (2000) abstract and oral competition (State level)
Key Publications and Conferences
- Weavers L.K., Pee G.Y., Frim J.A., Yang L.M., Rathman J.F. Ultrasonic destruction of surfactants: Application to industrial wastewaters. Water Environment Research 2005, 77, 259-265.
- Pee G.Y., Rathman J.F., Weavers L.K. Effects of surface active properties on the cavitational degradation of surfactant contaminants. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research 2004, 43, 5049-5056.
- Pee G.Y. and Weavers L.K. Effect of ultrasound on the bioaccessibility of PAHs on field-contaminated sediments. 2012(revising).
- Pee G.Y. and Weavers L.K. Sonochemical Remediation of PAHs Contaminated Sediment. 236th ACS National Meeting, Philadelphia PA, August 17-21, 2008.
- He Z., Pee G.Y., Weavers L.K. Sonochemical degradation of pharmaceuticals exemplified by ibuprofen and ciprofloxacin. 236th ACS National Meeting, Philadelphia PA, August 17-21, 2008.
- He Z., Pee G.Y., Weavers L.K. Sonochemical desorption and destruction of contaminant mixtures (metals and PAHs) from freshwater sediment. 37th Mid-Atlantic Industrial and Hazardous Waste Conference (MAIHWC), Cincinnati OH, March 21-22, 2007.
- Pee G.Y., Weavers L.K., Rathman J.F. Sonochemical Degradation of Surfactants. The 23rd Midwest Environmental Chemistry Workshop, East Lansing, MI, October 6-8, 2000.
- Pee G.Y., Rathman J.F., Weavers L.K. Sonochemical Destruction of Surfactant. 221st ACS National Meeting, Chicago, IL, August 20-25, 2001.
- Weavers L.K., Pee G.Y., Rathman J.F. Kinetics of Surfactant Degradation by Sonolysis. 222th National Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Division of Environmental Chemistry, San Diego, CA April 1-5, 2002.