Pablo Valdivia y Alvarado
Associate Professor, Director of DManD & Director of NAMIC Hub
Telephone: +65 6499 8883
Additive Manufacturing, Bio-inspired Design, Soft Robotics
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Product Development
Dr. Valdivia y Alvarado is an Associate Professor in the Engineering Product Development Pillar at the Singapore University of Technology and Design, and a Research Affiliate in the Mechanical Engineering Department at MIT and the Center of Environmental Sensing and Modeling at the Singapore-MIT Alliance for Research and Technology.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA.
For a current list of publications please visit: http://www.dedoux.com/publications/
- TR35 young innovator award for South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand 2012
- Feature: “A Journey Through Creativity”, ARTSCIENCE Museum, Singapore.
- Bio-inspired design
- Soft-under-actuated robots and sensors
- Modeling unsteady locomotion in fluid environments
- Environmental robotics
I'm looking for creative and highly motivated postdoctoral researchers and doctoral students to undertake research in bio-inspired design and soft robotics.
Please email me a short PDF document that includes your CV, research portfolio samples, and your motivation for applying to the position.