Telephone: +65 6499 4782
Room Number: 1.502-28
Electronics Engineering,Electrical Engineering
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Product Development, Science and Math
Shubhakar Kalya obtained his Master’s degree in Microelectronics from Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, India in 2007 and PhD degree from Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 2012/13. During his doctoral studies at NTU, he worked on Nanoscale characterization of High-κ gate dielectrics for reliability and failure analysis. He has also worked as a researcher at Institute of Materials and Research Engineering (IMRE), Singapore from July-2009 to Dec-2012, and involved in research related to characterization of High-κ gate dielectrics using scanning tunneling microscopy and atomic force microscopy. His research interests are in nanoscale characterization and analysis of High-κ gate dielectrics for logic and memory devices, and failure analysis of nanoscale electronic devices. He was a Visiting Scientist at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge, USA in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) Department during Jan-June 2017. Currently, he is working as a Lecturer at Singapore University of Technology (SUTD), Singapore.
- PhD, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- M.E (Microelectronics), Electrical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India
- B. E (Electronics and Communication Engineering), NMAMIT, Nitte, India
- High-K dielectrics for advanced logic and memory devices
- Reliability and failure analysis of nanoscale electronic devices
- Nanoscale characterization of dielectrics and devices.
- K. Shubhakar, et al., “An SEM/STM based nanoprobing and TEM study of breakdown locations in HfO2/SiOx dielectric stacks for failure analysis”, Microelectronics Reliability, Vol. 55, pp. 1450-1455 (2015) (European Symposium on Reliability of Electron Devices, Failure Physics and Analysis (ESREF), Toulouse, France, Oct-2015).
- Alok. R , K. Shubhakar, et al., “Localized random telegraphic noise study in HfO2 dielectric stacks using scanning tunneling microscopy- Analysis of process and stress-induced traps”, 22nd International Symposium on the Physical and Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits (IPFA), Taiwan, 2015, pp. 458-462.
- K. Shubhakar, K.L. Pey, et al., “Impact of local structural and electrical properties of grain boundaries in polycrystalline HfO2 on reliability of SiOx interfacial layer”, Microelectronic Reliability, Vol. 54, pp. 1712-1717 (2014) (European Symposium on Reliability of Electron Devices, Failure Physics and Analysis (ESREF), Berlin, Germany, Oct-2014).
- K. Shubhakar, K.L. Pey, et al., “Leakage current and structural analysis of annealed HfO2/La2O3 and CeO2/La2O3 dielectric stacks: A nanoscopic study”, Journal of Vacuum Science & Technology B, 03D125-1, Vol. 32(3) 2014.
- K. Shubhakar, N. Raghavan and K.L. Pey, “Nanoscopic study of HfO2 based HK dielectric stacks and its failure analysis”, (Invited Paper) International Journal of Materials Science and Engineering Vol. 2, pp. 81-86 (2014).
- K. Shubhakar, K.L. Pey, et al., “Study of preferential localized degradation and breakdown of HfO2/SiOx dielectric stacks at grain boundary sites of polycrystalline HfO2 dielectrics”, Microelectronic Engineering, Vol. 109, pp. 364-369 (2013) (18th Conference of Insulating Films on Semiconductors (INFOS), Cracow, Poland, July- 2013).
- K. Shubhakar, K.L. Pey, et al., “Nanoscale physical analysis of localized breakdown events in HfO2/SiOx dielectric stacks: A correlation study of STM induced BD with C-AFM and TEM”, IEEE- International Symposium on Physical and Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits (IPFA), Singapore, pp.1-7 (2012).
- Raghavan, K.L. Pey, K. Shubhakar and M. Bosman, “Modified percolation model for polycrystalline high-κ gate stack with grain boundary defects”, IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 32, pp.78-80 (2011).
- K. Shubhakar, K.L. Pey, et al., “Nanoscale electrical and physical study of polycrystalline high-κ dielectrics and proposed reliability enhancement techniques”, IEEE International Reliability Physics Symposium (IRPS), Monterey, CA, USA, pp.786-791 (2011).
- K. Shubhakar, K.L. Pey, et al., “Grain boundary assisted degradation and breakdown study in cerium oxide gate dielectric using scanning tunneling microscopy’’, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 98, 072902 (2011).
- K. Shubhakar, K.L. Pey, et al., “Localized degradation and breakdown study of cerium-oxide high-κ gate dielectric material using scanning tunneling microscopy”, IEEE- International Symposium on Physical and Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits (IPFA), Singapore, pp. 1-5 (2010).
- 5th Global Nanotechnology Congress and Expo-2018, Valencia, Spain, Dec 03-05, 2018.
- 4th Annual World Congress of Advanced Materials-2015 (WCAM-2015), Chongqing, China, May 27-29, 2015.
- 2nd International Conference on Nano and Materials Engineering (ICNME-2014), Dubai, UAE, April 2-3, 2014.
- International Workshop on Biomedical Signal Processing and Instrumentation, NMAMIT Nitte, India, March 6-7, 2014.
- The IEEE-International Conference on Smart Structures and Systems (ISSS-2013), Chennai, India, March 28-29, 2013.