Yang Hui Ying
Telephone: +65 6303 6663
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Product Development
- Aug. 2016 – Present: Associate Professor, Singapore University of Technology and Design.
- Oct. 2010 – Jul. 2016: Assistant Professor, Singapore University of Technology and Design.
- Jan. 2011- Dec. 2011: Visiting Scientist, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Aug. 2008 – Sep. 2010: Lee Kuan Yew Fellow, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Aug. 2006 – Aug. 2008: Singapore Millennium Foundation (SMF) Fellow, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Dr. YANG’s research is driven by the design and fabrication of low dimensional nanomaterials. She pushes forward the boundaries of knowledge in a wide variety of fundamental materials and structure-property relationships. Her team pioneered in chemical doping, work function engineering and defect states analysis in one dimensional and two dimensional nanomaterials for a variety of applications in high efficient optoelectronics devices, electrochemical energy storage and water purification to generate economic benefits for Singapore.
- H. Y. Yang, Principal Investigator (2013-2014), NRF Proof of Concept Grant- On going.
- H. Y. Yang, Principal Investigator (2011-2013), SMART Innovation Grant – On going.
- H. Y. Yang, Principal Investigator (2011-2014), 1st Singapore University of Technology and Design and Zhejiang University research collaboration CFP research project ZJURP1100104 – On going.
- H. Y. Yang, Principal Investigator (2011-2012), 1st Singapore University of Technology and Design and Zhejiang University research collaboration project ZJUSP1100101 – Completed.
- H. Y. Yang, Principal Investigator (2010-2012), International Design Centre, Singapore University of Technology and Design – On going.
- H. Y. Yang, Principal Investigator (2010-2012), Singapore University of Technology and Design – On going.
- H. Y. Yang, Co- Investigator (2010 – 2012), Merlion 2009 programme, (Dossier No.: 2.04.09) – Completed.
- H. Y. Yang, Principal Investigator (2008-2011), Nanyang Technological University, MOE Tier 1 – Completed.
Awards & Achievements
- May 2013 Tan Kah Kee Young Inventors Award, Tan Kah Kee Foundation, the Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), the Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) and the DSO National Laboratories, and Science Centre Singapore.
- Apr. 2013 First Prize in MRS Science-as-Art Competition, Material Research Society Spring Meeting, San Francisco, California.
- Jan. 2011 Finalist National Research Foundation Fellowship, National Research Foundation, Singapore.
- Jan. 2011 Finalist in Young Outstanding Singaporeans (YOS) Awards, Orchid Jayceettes of Singapore.
- Aug. 2010 L’Oréal Singapore For Women in Science National Fellowships, L’Oréal Singapore, Singapore National Commission for UNESCO, and Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR).
- July 2008 Lee Kuan Yew Postdoctoral Fellowship, the Lee Kuan Yew Endowment Fund.
- Mar. 2008 Second Prize in MRS Science-as-Art Competition, Material Research Society Spring Meeting, San Francisco, California.
- Aug. 2006 Singapore Millennium Foundation Scholarship for Postdoctoral Research, Singapore Millennium Foundation.
- Feb. 2006 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-Financed Students Abroad 2005, Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
- July 2005 First Prize in Nanoscience-as-Art Competition, Nanyang Technological University.
- Jan. 2005 Finalist in 5th Young Inventors Awards, the Asian Wall Street Journal & Hewlett-Packard Co.
- ‘Selective decoration of Au nanoparticles on the edge of Monolayer MoS2 single crystals’, Y. Shi, J. K. Huang, Y. T. Hsu, J. M. Lin, S. F. Yu, L. J. Li, H. Y. Yang, Scientific Reports, 2013 issues.
- ‘Onion-like Carbon Matrix Supported Co3O4 Nanocomposites: Highly Reversible Anode Material for Lithium Ion Batteries with excellent cycling stability’ Y. Wang, F. Yan, S. Liu, A. Y. S. Tan, X. W. Sun, H. Y. Yang, will be published in J. Mater. Chem. 2013 issue.
- ‘MnO2/onion-like carbon nanocomposites for pseudocapacitors’, Y. Wang, S. F. Yu, C. Y. Sun, T. J. Zhu, H. Y. Yang, J. Mater. Chem, 22, 17584-17588 (2012).
- ‘Tunable Electroluminescence of Mg-doped ZnO Thin Film for Light-Emitting Diode Applications’, E. S. M. Goh,H. Y. Yang, Z. J. Han, T. P. Chen, K. Ostrikov, Appl. Phys. Lett., 101, 263506 (2012).