SUTD-MIT Postdoc Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Product Development
MIT Advisor: Daniel Jackson
SUTD Advisor: Robert E. Simpson
Janne Kalikka studied physics in University of Jyväskylä (Finland) and received his master’s degree (physics) in 2008. He received his Ph.D. (theoretical physics) in 2013 also from University of Jyväskylä with a thesis entitled “Density functional / molecular dynamics simulations of phase-change materials” under the supervision of Dr. Jaakko Akola. He is currently a postdoctoral fellow at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Singapore University of Technology (SUTD).
- Phase-change materials
- Density functional simulations
- J. Kalikka, J. Akola and R. O. Jones, Density functional simulations of structure and polymorphism in Ga/Sb films, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 25, 115801 (2013).
- J. Kalikka, J. Akola, J. Larrucea and R. O. Jones, Nucleus-driven crystallization of amorphous Ge2Sb2Te5: A density functional study, Phys. Rev. B 86, 144113 (2012).
- J. Kalikka, J. Akola, R. O. Jones, S. Kohara and T. Usuki, Amorphous Ge15Te85: density functional high-energy x-ray and neutron diffraction study, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 24, 015802 (2012).
- J. Kalikka and J. Akola, Steered molecular dynamics simulations of ligand-receptor interaction in lipocalins, Eur. Biophys. J. 40, 181-194 (2011).