Lee Wei Li
SUTD-MIT Postdoc Fellow
Pillar / Cluster: Engineering Product Development
Lee Wei Li received his B. Eng. (Materials Engineering), First Class Honours, under Accelerated Bachelor’s Programme from the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 2008, and received his Ph.D. degree from the NTU in 2012. Before joining SUTD and MIT, Wei Li was a postdoctoral research fellow in the School of Materials Science and Engineering, NTU (2012-2014). He was a project leader for particle fabrication and drug carrier formulations (2008-2014). In between, he has mentored 2 PhD students, 2 masters students, 18 undergraduate Final Year Project students and 3 internship students. Together with his collaborators and mentored students, he has developed 5 patents and published 20 peer-reviewed papers, including more than 10 first-authored papers. He also presented his works at several prestigious international conferences held in Europe.
Polymers for drug delivery and stimulus-responsive applications
- Particulate systems for controlled drug delivery
- Drug carrier formulations
- Stimulus-responsive micro/nano-structured surfaces
- Best Poster Presentation Award at Small Sciences Symposium: Frontiers in Nanomedicine, Singapore, 2012
- NTU MSE PhD Research Scholarship, 2008
- Dean’s List, AY 07-08
- Accelerated Bachelor’s Programme, 2004-2007
- W.L. Lee, W.M. Guo, V.H.B. Ho, A. Saha, H.C. Chong, N.S. Tan, E. Widjaja, E.Y. Tan, S.C.J. Loo, Inhibition of 3-D tumor spheroids by timed-released hydrophilic and hydrophobic drugs from multilayered polymeric microparticles, Small 10 (2014) 3986-3996.